Dallas Sex Crime Lawyers
Qualified Texas Sex Crime Attorneys
A sex crime is a criminal offense that involves an illegal sexual act or conduct. Of all criminal offenses, sex crimes tend to have the most negative stigma as these types of crimes are frowned upon by society as a whole.
Frequently committed sex crimes include, but are not limited to: rape, statutory rape, date rape, sexual abuse, indecent exposure, prostitution, child molestation, solicitation of a minor, sexual battery, lewd conduct and possession of child pornography.
Sex Crime Information & Facts
- In the United States, 50% of women that are raped are below the legal age of 18.
- 60% of convicted sex offenders are on parole or probation in the U.S.
- Two thirds of all sex offenders that are currently in prison have victimized children.
- It is estimated that in the United States, a woman becomes a sex crime victim every 2 minutes.
- 29% of women who are victims of sex crimes report that the person who assaulted them was a stranger. 68% of all rape victims know the person who raped them.
- In Texas, once a person is convicted of a sex crime, he/she must list their name and contact information within the stateâs sex offender registry, which is accessible by the general public.
- Sex offenders often are subjected to discrimination when they try to obtain employment and housing opportunities.
Dallas, Texas Sex Crime Attorneys
It is a known fact that people who are charged with sex crimes face immense adversity. Sex crime charges can lead to bias from family, friends, peers, neighbors and employers. Once a person has been charged with a sex crime, he/she is often treated differently and subjected to stereotypes. Even in cases where the person being charged is falsely accused, he/she can face maltreatment from both loved ones and acquaintances.
For this reason, it is always in a personâs best interest to retain the services of a qualified Dallas sex crimes defense attorney after he/she has been charged with or accused of a sexual offense. By hiring a sex crime lawyer, people will be prepared throughout the legal process. Additionally, a sex crime defense attorney will serve as the personâs trusted advocate, even if the personâs family and friends no longer offer their support.
If you are looking for an experienced Dallas sex crime attorney, contact our Texas law firm today!