Dallas Domestic Violence Lawyers
Qualified Texas Domestic Violence Attorneys
Domestic violence is a criminal offense that is committed when a person physically, verbally, sexually, or psychologically abuses another person within a family setting. In the past, people were very likely to overlook instances of domestic violence. Now days, the same does not hold true, as more and more cases of domestic violence are being reported to law enforcement instead of being ignored. This has led to numerous states, including Texas, adopting stricter laws and legal consequences when it comes to domestic abuse.
Domestic Violence Information & Facts
- Victims of domestic violence can be men or women. However, the vast majority of domestic abuse victims are in fact women.
- On an annual basis, approximately 1.3 million women and 835,000 men are subjected to domestic violence.
- Throughout the country, law enforcement agencies are cracking down on cases of domestic violence, and more domestic violence offenders are being sentenced with imprisonment when they are convicted.
- When a person is convicted of domestic violence, he/she may find it very difficult to obtain employment, housing or educational opportunities. Additionally, he/she may have a hard time obtaining occupational licenses.
- There are numerous defenses to domestic violence charges including self-defense, factual innocence and lack of evidence.
Dallas, Texas Domestic Violence Attorneys
If you have been charged with domestic violence in Dallas, you are most likely unsure of what you should do next. Therefore, the best thing you can do is to speak with a legal professional who can provide you with the insight and direction you need to be successful in and out of court. Working with a skilled Dallas domestic violence lawyer is the best decision people can make when they have been accused of abusing a loved one. By choosing to hire a domestic violence attorney, people will receive the guidance, information and advocacy they need to get through the tumultuous legal process.
If you are looking for an experienced Dallas domestic violence attorney, contact our Texas law firm today!