Dallas DWI Lawyers
Qualified Texas Driving While Intoxicated Attorneys
Of all the traffic violations that exist, driving while intoxicated (DWI) is the most serious violation a person can commit. When people choose to drive after they have had one drink or more, they are not only endangering their own lives, but also the lives of others.
Texas DWI Information & Facts
- In Texas, driving while intoxicated (DWI) is defined as driving under the influence of a controlled substance like drugs and/or alcohol.
- People can also be charged with DWI in Texas if they have a blood alcohol concentration of .08% or higher.
- Texas has zero tolerance laws when it comes to driving under the influence and underage drinking.
- The legal drinking age in Texas is 21.
- When a person is suspected of DUI, he/she will be asked to take a breath alcohol test. The person may then consent to the test or refuse to take the test. People who refuse to take the breath test can have their driverâs licenses automatically suspended for 6 months.
- After a person has been charged with DUI in Texas, he/she may lose his/her driving privileges if he/she does not obtain a successful outcome to his/her DMV hearing.
- According to the Texas Department of Motor Vehicles, over 2,000 Texans die while driving under the influence each year.
- Even if you are a first time DWI offender in Texas, if you are convicted, you could have to pay up to $2,000 in fines, spend 72 hours to 180 days in jail and have your driverâs license suspended for 90 days to 1 year.
Dallas, Texas DWI Attorneys
Any person who has been charged with DUI in Texas needs legal representation from an experienced Dallas DWI defense attorney. A defense lawyer can help clients who have been charged with driving under the influence by working with prosecutors to have the clientsâ charges reduced or even dismissed. For first time DWI offenders, the reduction of charges is usually an option that can be explored if they have a clean criminal record. For those who have multiple DWI offenses, a skilled criminal defense attorney can review their cases and come up with effective defense strategies that may lead to reduced charges or sentencing alternatives.
If you are looking for an experienced Dallas DWI attorney, contact our Texas law firm today!