Dallas Drug Crime Lawyers
Qualified Texas Drug Crime Attorneys
A drug crime is a criminal offense that involves the sale, use, manufacturing or growth of an illegal narcotic. Illegal drugs like marijuana, heroin, crack cocaine, cocaine, LSD and methamphetamines are all known for the adverse effects they have on drug users. In fact, drug usage is linked to violence and violent criminal behaviors.
Frequently committed drug crimes include, but are not limited to: drug possession, drug possession for sale, drug distribution, drug cultivation, drug manufacturing, drug trafficking, money laundering, possession of drug paraphernalia and prescription fraud.
Drug Crime Information & Facts
- In 2004, it was reported by the Bureau of Justice Statistics that 17% of state inmates committed their fist criminal offense to obtain money to purchase drugs. In federal prisons, 18% claimed they committed their first crime to get money for drugs.
- The most commonly used substance by people under the age of 18 is alcohol, followed closely by marijuana.
- In the United States, marijuana is the most commonly used drug.
- Over 6.3 million people in the U.S. use prescription drugs illegally each month. In fact, prescription drug abuse is increasing year-to-year.
- In 2003, federal drug control spending was at $11.4 billion dollars. This is a number that doubled in less than a 10 year period.
- Aside from fines and jail time, people who have been convicted of drug crimes will likely be told that they have to partake in mandatory drug & alcohol rehabilitation.
Dallas, Texas Drug Crime Attorneys
If you have been charged with a drug crime in Dallas, whether it is a misdemeanor or a felony, it is important that you retain the services of a skilled Dallas drug crimes lawyer. When it comes to drug crimes, you need an attorney on your side who is dedicated to protecting your best interests and future.
If you are looking for an experienced Dallas drug crime attorney, contact our Texas law firm today!